Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 5-Body Image: Legs



Here I continue the series of Body Image:
Day 2-Body Image: Lesbian or NOT?
Day 3-Body Image: Breast/Boobs

Some time ago I used to judge my legs for not being "good" looking because they appear to be skinny on my calf area and if I place my legs together the knees don't touch which gives me sort of an arch form. I have a friend back from grammar school who took swimming lessons and to me her legs appeared "perfect" as in when her legs are placed together-heels touched, calf touched, knees touched and tights touched.
In my teenage years I accepted and allowed to grow very subconscious of my legs which is why I always wore long pants. I was hiding my "imperfect" legs.
It was only later that I realized my legs were this way because of my open hip bone structure. Then I attached a form of specialty (positive) to my legs as in I was able to stretch better and do certain yoga poses better than others because my natural body allowed it.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge my legs based on an image I had created in my head to be "perfect" shape legs.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to limit the clothes I wear because of feeling subconscious about my "imperfect" legs.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to compare my legs to another human being and within this image define my legs as being "imperfect" and within that statement judging other people's legs for being "more than" mine

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to hide my legs behind clothing and when wearing a swim suit or attire that required me to show my legs to walk around with constant "shame"/"embarrassment" and to think about how other people judged my "imperfect" legs.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to go to the positive side where I viewed my legs as special or better than others because I am able to stretch "better" than people whose physic does not allow them to do so.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to feel that I am better at yoga because of my bone structure which allows me to have more open hips and within that statement judging other people's legs for being "less than" mine.

I commit myself to no longer judging my legs or other people's legs based on appearance and attach definitions such as "perfect" and "imperfect" legs.

I commit myself appreciating all legs equally from the perspective that legs are part of our whole body that allows us to move within our physical reality.

I commit myself to exercise (with yoga, or different physical movements) my legs as part of supporting my physical body.

I commit myself to exploring different styles clothing without judging my legs.




1 comment:

  1. On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Reginald Diepenhorst wrote:
    Hi all,

    Please look at the following link and implement it in your html:

    http://www.itechcolumn.com/2012/04/disable-country-specific-url-redirect.html

    I tested it and it works.

    My page gets automatically redirected to .com.

    Reginald

    ReplyDelete