Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 6-Body Image: Satellite Ears






                                                         Me at 6 months with my mom


Here I continue the series of Body Image:
Day 2-Body Image: Lesbian or NOT?
Day 3-Body Image: Breast/Boobs
Day 5-Body Image: Legs

I have away been self conscious about my big ears. When I was younger I refused to wear my hair up because if I put it into a pony tail it would reveal my big ears to the world. I do wear my hair up now, but occasionally I remind myself of the big ears-usually when I want to wear a hat or a bandanna where my ears are shown more.
It's interesting that Victor has my ears :)

I forgive myself to have allowed and accepted myself to judge my ears in comparison to other people's ears that looked "normal"/ "better" to me in my head.

I forgive myself to have allowed and accepted myself to hide my ears with my hair/hats/bandannas so that no one else judges my ears.


I forgive myself to have allowed and accepted myself to limit how I wear my hair because of thinking that my ears are ugly and they would be judged by others.

I forgive myself to have allowed and accepted myself to be ashamed and embarrassed about my ears.

I forgive myself to have allowed and accepted myself to NOT realize that my ears are part of body's physical expression and are functioning-for I can hear just fine.

I commit myself to no longer judge my the appearance of my ears based on what I THINK "perfect" ears should look like or what I have seen the majority of people in my life ears look like- which I had defined as being better or "perfect".

I commit myself to accept my ears as what they are- part of my whole body with the fiction of hearing sounds.

I commit myself to accept my ears as what they are- part of my whole body with the fiction of hearing sounds.




No comments:

Post a Comment