Saturday, May 3, 2014

Day 70- Moment of Inspiration




Today my blog reflects my previous blog Day 69- I Have No Creativity along with the video Missing A Moment of Inspiration While Looking for It by Sunette Spies.

"Creativity is a skill that one can develop through self expression and exploring/seeing/discovering options of presenting something in various ways that will also have an impact on opening up people to see something beyond what they typically see based on their minds"...."My problem is that when I sit down to create something I begin to think in depth by bringing everyone else's ideas so to speak and then not having any of my own. I literally get stuck at that point and can't move on beyond it".

I am connecting creativity from the perspective of inspiration as described in the video. Thus I am looking creativity as a self point into how I move myself in the moment of inspiration which as described in the video cannot be something that derives from the mind but rather in the moment of expression. This I link particularly when I sit down to write a point (as mentioned in the video) where I will have a moment of realization/inspiration and I am not able to write it right away so in my head I put everything down as how I will write it later and when I get to writing it- I experience the resistance and draw a blank as I do not recall the actual moment because I am busy trying to remember what I was storing in my mind to remember the moment. Thus I need to start going to the moment itself and from that starting point recalling the realization itself. So with creativity will go along the same lines as the moment of inspiration of what I want to express. Instead of drawing from all the ideas stored in my mind I need to expand from the starting point of what I want to express on the first place and then the how will flow out from there.

So one thing I have been struggling over and over is writing my process mainly because by the time I have the time to sit down I constantly keep drawing blanks so I say to myself "I got nothing to share"....thus I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to NOT realize that I have been approaching my writing process from the mind as storing a memory of what I will write later rather than really feeling the moment of realization and sharing from that starting point.

I commit myself to allow myself the moment of breath as I sit down to write/share my realizations, close my eyes and bring back the exact moment of realization and begin writing from there.

Ironically I do that a lot actually when I have something to speak about I will run scrips over in my mind of how and what I will say but when the actual moment comes I cannot remember more than half of the script in my mind. So instead of taking the moment and opening up the conversation of what I can say based on the given moment and expand on what I am sharing- I look for the words in my head and of course I cannot find them as the moment seems to to align with the script I've had prepared. And many times that seems to lead to anxiety because I can't seem to voice myself out and what I say is limited.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to create scripts in my head because I am afraid that when the time for speaking comes I will not know what to say or how to say it so I feel the need to come "prepared" with words I am going to say, but in that I miss the moment of what actually needs to be said, because I don;t realize that perhaps something I was going to say may not apply for that particular moment. Thus I commit myself to instead of creating scripts to actually investigate/assess the upcoming moment- pin pointing the main idea of what needs to be discussed so that can be my point of self preparation and the rest of the conversation/writing can flow out of there with observing my words with consideration that is applicable for that moment of sharing.

Thus I commit myself to allow myself to breath and speak within the moment with consideration regarding the conversation and people involved. I commit myself to allow myself the moment of slowing down when speaking instead of rushing through to just get my words out.

Next blog I will look at the word creativity and transform it into a living word.




No comments:

Post a Comment