Friday, August 28, 2015

Day 119- Living "Compassion"

This is part of the series “Living Words"

When I was younger I used to connect the word compassion to a feeling- “feeling sorry/pity for someone” (which is the definition I found online) and that was the quality of a good person. Later in my life I saw compassion as weakness because I noticed that when I was compassionate towards someone it was emotional for me and I gave into the other person which turned into a manipulation game- and I stopped feeling sorry for others. So I have played both sides of the polarity of the word “compassion”.

Some ways to sound out the word compassion:
-com passion- (with passion)
-com-pass-I-on
-compass -ion


Redefinition: Compassion: Understanding/Hearing/Listening what someone may be going through in walking their process but still remaining stable within self and being able to direct how I respond towards that person practically.


No comments:

Post a Comment