Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 122- Living "Entertainment"

This is part of the series “Living Words"

The way I have been living entertainment has been to escape reality (to not face something, to not want to do something). Ultimately it has been to generate movement in my mind but not having to move my body in practical applications. So in redefining the word entertainment I see that it has to be self directed point- meaning that it does not eat my time and that I allow/give myself the time for entertainment where there is substance within it- meaning I learn something within being entertained. Instead of generating my mind I can engage my brain.

Some ways to sound out the word entertainment:

-enter-tame-ment (as in keeping my mind busy, be tamed into the mind)
-enter-tame-mend (as in mending into my mind)

Redefinition: Entertainment: A self directed decision to engage my brain and/or body in a fun activity that is relaxing/engaging/interesting/shows me a perspective (has substance).




No comments:

Post a Comment