Thursday, June 30, 2016

Day 158- Living "Pleasing"

This is part of the series “Living Words"
Sometime ago I wrote a blog about my "pleasing hidden personality". Here I am going to expand on that personality and redefine the word "pleasing" for myself so that I can live it in a supportive way.

My general experience of pleasing another has been with the expectation of something in return, or it has been about proving to another that “I care”, thus at times I would compromise myself/position/standing in order to please others.

Ways to sound out pleasing:
-please (as in beg)
-ease
-easy



Redefinition of Pleasing: An act/expression of creating something enjoyable with the starting point of self enjoyment and consideration of the other being without expecting something in return. Pleasing can also be about myself and giving self. Pleasing is giving with consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment