Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 164- Adapting is the "New Way"

I recently listened to a video on Soul Of Ultimate Living about the word ADAPTABLE and I really enjoyed the discussion that takes place in the video. It has helped me look at the word "to adapt" more closely and with better awareness.

The main understanding I took away is that life is ever changing and we must change with it and that requires us to adapt to the new changes or we get caught in an emotional roller coaster of trying to hold on to the past and the way things were which falls out of an alignment with life itself.
Adaptation is part of our life processes/development/evolving, like a stepping stone towards moving forward.

An example that is coming up at the moment is with my son. When he was just a baby our nightly routine was a certain way based on the physical and emotional needs he needed met. As he continued to grow up those needs changed because he was changing and learning. I remember one afternoon when he was about 2 years and 4 months.  I placed him for his usual afternoon nap and he refused to nap. I was really irritated with him because I was counting on that nap to do other stuff. Little did I know this was going to be the new way as he did not want to nap anymore. And the more I fought this napping schedule which worked out perfect for me in the past the more irritated I was getting. I was not using my common sense to understand that I had to adapt to this change and not fight it.

Adapting means to align or re-align with the physical life changes that will occur for certain in everyone's lives. It is how we respond to this change that will affect us productively or emotionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment