Friday, March 31, 2017

Day 191-Speaking Up For Myself!

Speaking up for myself- I often catch myself in situations where I second guess myself if I should say anything regarding the situation or not. And a lot of the time I choose to be quiet so that I don't cause an argument/ conflict. This has been a big point for me because instead of addressing the point in a calm/gentle manner of explanation I always fall for my thoughts of “oh, it's not that big of a deal, so I should not say anything.....it may upset the other person, and I don't want to be caught in the middle of being attacked by the other person”. So within this I have realized that
1- I make the other person think that what they have said or done is OK with me. 2- I suppress what I am really feeling regarding the situation thus internalize it. 3- I create a back chat towards the person through internalizing it. 4- I accept to silence myself for the sake of not liking to be “attacked” in what I do have to say. 5- I am accepting the other person's response/reaction to be that of an attack towards me when I should understand that they may react to me and rather work on myself to not take it personally and simply address the fact of the matter. 6- I really need to start practicing voicing myself without reacting.

Self Forgiveness to be continued...

2 comments: